ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephanie Dilk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2009 12:11:57 -0400

Dear Listers,

I have been deliberating over the idea of hosting a day-long RAP session on the cultivation of relationships with other institutions of learning, such as library systems and universities. My question is whether there is a great deal of interest in this subject among other museum professionals. If so, what time of year and which days might be most accommodating to you? I'd imagine that the majority of people attending this session would come from the Education/Interpretation/Programs department of the museum, so I would want to do my best to work it in when those folks would be available (I know we're always busy, but sometimes it goes from REALLY busy to just busy).

Minnetrista, the museum I work for, has a really fantastic relationship with a local university, and it has proven to be a great thing for everyone involved. We're always looking for ways to further grow and expand that relationship and really use it to it's full potential. I know other museums have similar programs, and I have spoken with some museum professionals that are interested in forging just such a relationship.

Minnetrista is located in Muncie, Indiana which is about one hour north of Indianapolis and one hour south of Ft. Wayne...if that helps anyone getting their bearings.

Thanks so much for your time and I am looking forward to your responses.

Sincerely,

Stephanie L. Dilk
Education Manager
Minnetrista
1200 N. Minnetrista Parkway
Muncie, IN 47303
(765) 287-3528
www.minnetrista.net
 please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Minnetrista Cultural Center
 1200 MInnetrista Parkway
 Muncie, Indiana
 United States