ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Maria Mortati <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2011 08:40:10 -0700

Hi,

In your research travels take a look at the work of Harold McGee:

http://www.curiouscook.com/site/about-harold-mcgee.html
About Harold McGee

I write about the chemistry of food and cooking. I took up this odd
vocation after studies at the California Institute of Technology and
at Yale University, where I wrote a doctoral thesis with the prophetic
title "Keats and the Progress of Taste." After several years as a
literature and writing instructor at Yale, I decided to practice what
I'd been teaching, and write a book: a book about the science of
everyday life.

The result was the publication in 1984 of a 680-page compendium, On
Food & Cooking: The Science & Lore of the Kitchen. My timing was
lucky: America and Britain were awakening to the pleasures of good
food and to the diversity of world cuisines, and On Food & Cooking
helped satisfy the growing hunger for information about ingredients
and techniques.

Best,

.
Maria Mortati