ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Edith Piaf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 21:35:16 +0000

	of course without those Brits, we french would never have had those a

wful english words penetrated in our language by william the conquerer
at
 normandy and joan of arc would never have been burned at the stake-
just
 kidding.  the brits did help us in WWII, we will give them that-:)
lol

> De: Carey Tisdal <[log in to unmask]>
> A: ISEN-ASTC-L@HO
ME.EASE.LSOFT.COM

 Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:53:40 -0500

> <pre>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service
 of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
> Incorporated, a worl
dwide network of science museums and related institutions.
> ***********

 Ian,

> Bravo!
>
> What would we do without you Brits? Last year
on vacation exiting a Sunday
> morning service at Westminster Abbey, I
realized I was standing in a spot
> that I could see the "emtombments"
of both Darwin and Newton. It made me
> smile. Similarly, your history
provides a perspective, experience in
> tolerance, and clarity of thoug
ht that benefits us all. A little humor
> doesn't hurt either.

hank you for a clearly communicated and valuable addition to this
> dis
cussion. There are alternatives to win/lose thinking--ones with real

integrity!  Those alternatives require some understanding of the history
and
> philosophy of science and some tolerance for disagreement.  Those
 are
> challenges that we should not take lightly. While this topic doe
s not have
> to be viewed as a dilemma, neither is it open to a "let's
all hold hands and
> be friends" solution--at least not without some ha
rd work and clear