ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stuart Kohlhagen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:03:09 +1100

Questacon has a false colour IR camera biult into a robotic snake in our
"Eaten alive" exhibition. The visiotr can scan the snake's head around a
small rocky environment in which we have placed some warm and cold
blooded creatures ( mock-ups not live specimens).. And we made sure that
people could also scan the head around to pick up themselves. The output
is displayed on a large screen located above the environment.

A nice non-themed version is in the California Science Centre Los
Angelis, where they have a camera situated between two cages, with real
animals, rodents in one and lizards in the other, and you can sweep the
camera between them, looking at yourself as it moves between.

Stuart Kohlhagen
Manager New Concepts
Questacon