ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rachel Connolly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2013 19:01:32 +0000

Are you interested in bringing new programming aligned with the maker
pedagogy of open-ended design and play into your museum, Makerspace, or
after-school programs? Then consider Making Stuff with NOVA by joining our
national outreach campaign surrounding the new Making More Stuff series
(http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/making-more-stuff.html).

This is a free educational outreach opportunity from NOVA, PBS's premiere
science documentary program.
Major Funding for "Making Stuff" is provided by the National Science
Foundation. Additional Funding is Provided by the U.S. Department of
Energy's Office of Science.

If interested in becoming an Official Making Stuff Outreach Site, please
fill out our application form at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/makingstuffoutreach

75 applicants will be selected as Official Making Stuff Outreach Sites and
receive:
- A Making Stuff Project Box that includes the physical materials needed
to facilitate four projects themed to the Making Stuff episodes‹wilder,
colder, faster, and safer.
- Professional development opportunities focused on the maker pedagogy,
innovation and engineering education built on the Google+ platform.
- Outreach support from the NOVA Education team.

If you are chosen to be an Official Making Stuff Outreach Site, we are
requesting:
- that you deliver programming between January and March, 2014 (think
Engineers Week or NanoDays).
- that you participate in our Making Stuff Outreach Community on Google+.
- that you display a banner for Making Stuff during that period.
- that you participate in our evaluation after the completion of the
project.

Watch our short video about this opportunity (ignore the deadline):
http://youtu.be/9gj2Mj0SZUU

To find more ways to get involved with Making Stuff, visit NOVA
Education's Making Stuff Outreach page at
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/making-stuff-outreach.html

Making Stuff will broadcast on your local PBS station October 16th, 23rd,
30th and November 6th. The second installment of Making Stuff presents
dramatic stories about how the fields of engineering and materials science
have changed history and are shaping our future by Making Stuff wilder,
colder, faster, and safer. WATCH online at
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/tech/making-more-stuff.html

If you have additional questions, please contact:

Rachel Connolly
Director of Education, NOVA
WGBH, Boston
617-300-4329