ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Bivings, Lindzy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:23:33 -0800

Greetings all,

At the California Academy of Sciences we have developed a Family Science Adventure Guide that provides information to families on activities that they can do here at the museum or at home in their community. The guide is given to students participating in our fieldtrip programs with the goal being that families come back to the museum to continue exploring science together. Last year we reached a 12% return rate with families and are hoping for more this year. We are still struggling to come up with a more in depth evaluation plan to find out which parts of the guide are most useful.

I am looking to speak with other places who have tried using family guides or have successful family outreach programs. I would possibly like to submit to present at the 2010 conference. Please contact me if you are interested or have information that you are willing to share.

Lindzy Bivings
Manager of Enhanced Museum Visits for Students
California Academy of Sciences
T: (415) 379-5188
F: (415) 379-5711
www.calacademy.org<http://www.calacademy.org/>