ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Chris Sancomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 10:50:41 -0400

Well put, Jeff. I too came to the field of museum design from an art
background(sculpture). We are not all flakes. As Jeff said, as within
every field there are experts,and within the experts there are those who
can, and will work with guidelines, and those who feel that their
personal vision is paramount to you needs. Choose wisely. We here at
Providence Children's Museum have chosen to make art a large part of our
aesthetic mission. We also happen to be positioned in a community full
of incredible talent. Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) is here in
Providence, and I frequently subcontract artists from this area. The
key, as with any arrangement is to spell it all out clearly, and
maintain a good line of communication with your artists from start to
finish. Everyones expectations can be met in a timely and successfully
way. As Jeff said is that not the key to any contractual arrangement?Thanks

--
Chris Sancomb
Exhibit Designer