ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Erich Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:12:27 -0600

Need more detail, but...

If it's as simple as individual monitors running individual videos, with
no need to be closely synced to each other, then it's just monitors and
DVD players. Master the individual discs so that each segment is a
chapter and set each player to run on "power up" and plug them all into
one circuit so that they come on together.  And have all set to "repeat
chapter."

If it all has to be synced and closely timed that's much more
sophisticated and you would need some sort of controller that all are
running through.

There is also a large variety of solid state devices now that run video.
This stuff is evolving day to day so I strongly suggest contacting a
professional outfit (or two or three) and getting some estimates or
bids.  Most would be happy to work with you toward meeting a budget.
Write a description of what your goals are and what you have to spend.
My experience is that there are always a few that love the challenge.

Erich Rose
Exhibit Manager
Austin Children's Museum
201 Colorado Street