ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 14:20:03 -0400

Nicely worded Stephen; however, I would argue that strictly speaking,
science NEVER points to a specific response such as reducing CO2 emissions.
 Rather, *we* have a specific response because *we* want to avoid certain
consequences that science predicts (in other words, we may want to reduce
CO2 emissions because we don't want to deal with a climate change, that
*may* cause our own extinction).

-William