ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
William Katzman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2010 11:33:31 -0500

I believe one of the problems with some of the plasticized human body remains exhibits are that some of the shows do *not* have a good paper work trail showing that the individuals gave express permission before their death, and this is where it gets messy because many of those bodies may be prisoners (so let the allegations of body-selling begin).  It is true that Gunther Von Hagens now has a consent form for bodies he uses that essentially allows him to display the body however he wants.  That may not be the case with all such bodies.

-William