ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Bill Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 16:50:02 -0400

As I read these posts, I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if there was a
central location for people to post their pre- and post- visit activities,
or links to the online versions?"

And then it hit me: The ASTC Connect Field Trips Forum. In February, about
25 educators "met" online in ASTC Connect for 3 weeks to share ideas and
learn about evaluation of field trip effectiveness. The space is still open
for new members to browse the discussions or start new topics, and it is a
place where resources can be posted by anyone who is a member. So...

If you haven't joined the ASTC Connect Field Trips Forum, now might be a
great time to do so. Our hope in starting the Forum was for it to become a
place where an ongoing discussion about field trip effectiveness - including
posting relevant materials - might take place. This recent request seems
like a perfect topic.

If you are interested in joining, point your browser to
http://www.astc.org/astc_connect/, create a user name and password, and join
the Field Trips forum. You need a password to join the forum - all you have
to do to get the password is email me at [log in to unmask]

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bill