ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jonah Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:19:13 -0400

I see the point that Peter is trying to make. But I have to disagree with
the "ignore them and they'll go away" strategy. The right-wing religious
faction that is pushing an anti-evolution agenda is not some fringe
movement. They're politically and financially very powerful and well
organized. I can't believe that science centers taking a stand against them
would grant them more legitimacy than the sympathetic statements they've
gotten from U.S. Senators. I only wish we were that powerful.

Jonah Cohen
Outreach & Public Programs Manager
Science Center of Connecticut

"If you hear only one song this year, there's something terribly wrong with
you."
    -They Might Be Giants