ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Walter Staveloz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2008 17:17:47 -0400

Hello Ian,
I asked some of my contacts in Germany about the science tunnel and
hereafter is what I got from Munich. Hope this helps you a little.
Walter Staveloz

Well, the science tunnel ...I know it, but my visit is some eight years
ago. It was the contribution of the Max Planck Gesellschaft to the EXPO
2000 in Hannover. It was carried out by exhibition designers who are coming
to and exhibiting at Ecsite AC's for many years: the company is ARCHI-ME-DES

(http://www.archimedes.de/en/archimedes_projects/archimedes_sciencetunnel.ht
ml).
The Science Tunnel is a very successful project and toured (and is still
touring) around the world (I think there is even a Science Tunnel II
nowadays ... ).
Here is another link for the tunnel when it was exhibited in
Ludwigshafen in collaboration with the BASF in 2005:
http://www.luaktiv.de/science_tunnel.htm#b

The topics presented reflect mainly the focus of the different
MPG-institutes  .... The exhibition is, of course, also a promotion of
and for the MPG and their high level research activities.