ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Johannes Strobel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:00:56 -0500

Dear K-12 Educator,

I would like to invite you to participate in a research project
entitled, /Development of the Teaching Engineering Self-efficacy Scale
/(TESS) for K-12 Teachers, undertaken by a team of researchers from
Purdue University's School of Engineering Education.

At this stage of the project, _every K-12 teacher is eligible to
participate_ in the following survey:

https://purdue.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_2htt9HXAKWMbszi

This survey will take less than 13 minutes in total.

The result of this project will help researchers and educators to
prepare professional development programs supporting teachers
incorporate engineering into their classroom. Thus, your participation
is valued and will be appreciated.

Participation in this study is completely voluntary. We want to assure
you that care will be taken so that your choosing to participate in the
study---or not participate in the study---will not impact you in any
way. We will do everything possible to maintain confidentially and
privacy. This research is approved by IRB.

Please feel free to contact me by phone at (765) 588-3307 or by email at
[log in to unmask] if you are interested in knowing more about this
project. Thank you for taking time to consider this project.

Sincerely,
Johannes Strobel
Director of INSPIRE
Assistant Professor, School of Engineering Education
Phone: (765) 588 3307
E-mail:[log in to unmask]

--
Johannes Strobel
Director, INSPIRE, Institute for P-12 Engineering Research and Learning

GRIS 360B
Purdue University

Postal address:
701 W. Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette , IN  47907-2045
Phone: +1 765 588 3307
Skype: johannesstrobel
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Editor:
J-PEER, Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/jpeer/

Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive. Howard Thurman