ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carolyn Kaichi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2005 11:00:12 -1000

Hi Anita,

I can't remember if I reported anything before, but at any rate I didn't
have the details I do now:

Our event will start a 5:30 pm and go until 10 pm that evening. We will have
planetarium programs (Rendezvous With a Comet), Starlab, space activities,
crafts and food. We have been in contact with UH Institute for
Astronomy--they will be sending speakers that evening who will give lectures
and commentary during the event. We have volunteers from the local astronomy
society (Hawaiian Astronomical Society) who will be bringing their
telescopes(and hopefully we'll get to see SOMEthing here in the middle of
the city). We are still working on NASA TV. Here in the islands our local
cable company does not show NASA-TV (although they can get it, they don't
bother showing it) but we think DISH-TV can provide it. However, we don't
have a system here and are working to get funding or donations.

Anyway, that's about it! We expect a good crowd.

Carolyn