ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nina Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2013 21:46:34 -0700

We do Skype interviews for prospective interns (and job candidates!) all the time. It has enabled us to involve international interns and candidates from afar while still making sure there is a good fit. It also tends to reduce the total duration of the interview, which is a bonus. The only negative is the typical with Skype--sometimes the tech is faulty. But otherwise, we love it. We also find that intern who travel long distances to work with us are more dedicate, available, and diverse in perspective--the museum is their primary lens for engaging with the community and they bring a range of experiences to the table.

Nina

Terse style and typos courtesy of my co-author, the cellphone.