ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carlyn Buckler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlyn Buckler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:16:07 -0800

   Actually, the "Evolution and Creationism: A Very Short Guide" was written exactly because of this type of incident.  Our docents and employees were having a bit of an issue diplomatically handling the creationists who would come to programs, lectures, and also just stand in the Museum and proselytize.  Martin has a good point as well - sometimes it helps to establish parameters ahead of time.

Cheers -

 Carlyn S. Buckler, Ph.D.

Paleontological Research Institution and its Museum of the Earth
1259 Trumansburg Road, Ithaca, NY 14850
Ph: (607) 273-6623 ext. 25
www.MuseumoftheEarth.org

On Exhibit Now at Museum of the Earth:
Amber: Letting the Past Shine Through
October 3, 2009 - February 21, 2010
Also on exhibit: Biomorphic recent works by Gregory Brellochs
October 3, 2009 - January 17, 2010
Made possible through the generosity of M&T Bank and Susan Ettinger

Mon., Thurs.- Sat. 10 am - 5pm and Sun. 11 am - 5 pm. Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.