ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rachel Cardillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:51:18 -0800

At ScienceWorks, also a smaller science center, we use Explorer Systems for
admissions, membership, donor management, gift shop, school field trips,
camps, and birthday parties.  We've had the program for about 6 years and
have had our ups and downs.  They have on-line registration options for
camps, etc but we have not used it.  The prices for licensing and
maintenance are fairly reasonable, depending on how many user licences
you'll want to have.  Their tech support is hit or miss depending on which
person you're dealing with - some folks are very perceptive and can
diagnose problems easily, others you have to go a couple rounds with to get
the problem solved.

The program does not have a volunteer management component, a feature we've
found we could really use, but otherwise it is a pretty well integrated
system.

www.expsoft.com

Good luck!
Rachel