ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Uzzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 09:00:10 -0400

In a previous life, I worked in archaeology, which has already solved
this problem. They use the term "B.P." Sorry Clifford, this does not
stand for "Beyond Petroleum," (for those familiar with that advertising
slogan) but for "Before Present," basically, an absolute reference, but
also a standardized abbreviation for it. Avoid the use of B.C.E. (Before
Common Era), which is a pseudo-secular version of B.C. and A.D.

- Steve

--
Stephen Miles Uzzo
Director of Technology