ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lauren Silberman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:06:29 +0000

The Museum Assessment Program<http://www.aam-us.org/museumresources/map/index.cfm> (MAP) is an IMLS funded program available to small and mid-sized museums of all types. It provides over $4,000 worth of services and resources-including a review by an experienced peer reviewer, a MAP Bookshelf specific to your assessment type, access to a MAP online community with resources and discussion topics and access to AAM's Information Center Resources. During MAP your museum conducts a self-study, consults with a museum professional and gains the tools to become a stronger institution.

"Without a doubt, MAP has had a big impact on our ability to fundraise. We used the MAP recommendations to create case statements for grants. I can directly tie over $50,000 in funding we received to the MAP grant recommendations regarding the facility." -Michael Shanklin, former director, Discovery Science Center and current CEO, Kidspace Children's Museum

Did you know?
*MAP reports and activities can be used in funding and grant requests
*MAP can help you prepare for strategic planning
*MAP is an extremely affordable way to get consultative advice specific to your museum
*MAP can help you engage your community
*MAP is a great way to improve communication between staff and board, getting everyone on the same page
*The MAP process is customized to your museum's needs
*You have a role in selecting your peer reviewer
*You choose one of three assessment types: Organizational, Community Engagement or Collections Stewardship.

Since 1981, thousands of museums have utilized MAP, and the program has been integral to these institutions achieving their goals. But don't take our word for it. Get MAPped! Become the next museum to get this grant.

Apply today for the July 1 application deadline at http://www.aam-us.org/museumresources/map/apply.cfm.

Lauren Silberman
Coordinator, Museum Assessment Program
T: 202.218.7714 | F: 202.289.6578
American Association of Museums
1575 Eye Street NW, Suite 400 | Washington DC 20005
www.aam-us.org