ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Payo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 17:22:46 -0600

DMNS Teacher Professional Development Webinars
The Denver Museum of Nature & Science continues its Inquiry Shop Series with three webinars this fall.

Nonfiction Text: Making a Claim for Evidence-based Inquiry
October 3, 2013
4:30pm-5:30pm

Informational text can support and strengthen the skills you want your students to use for inquiry investigation. In this webinar, we'll explore the notion of how evidence derived from both inquiry and informational text can be used to help students to use their skills in argumentation and evidence-based claims. We'll examine how we can better prepare our students to use their skills in reading, writing, communicating, and critical thinking while discovering things that pique their natural curiosity and interest.

Join Jessica Fries-Gaither, elementary teacher and author of Inquiring Scientists, Inquiring Readers: Using Nonfiction Text to Promote Science Literacy as she provides us with rich perspectives on how teachers and school librarians can work in tandem through this approach.

Participating in this webinar is FREE, registration required.
To register:  http://www.dmns.org/teachers/forms/webinar-10-3-2013/

For more information on this webinar: http://www.dmns.org/teachers/professional-development/webinars/nonfiction-text-making-a-claim-for-evidence-based-inquiry/

For more information on the webinar series: http://www.dmns.org/webinar

Questions? Contact us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Robert Payo
Education Technology Coordinator
Museum Programs
Denver Museum of Nature & Science