ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Janet Groenert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2006 10:31:19 -0600

>Skoshi

1. Enrollment had decreased because the school districts around us no
longer have spring break the same week.Check into the number of kids
who will be out of school in a given week to gauge  your program size.
Who takes your camps in the summer ? When is that audience out of school?
2. Hours are generally 8am-4pm for full-day program with multiple
activities and teachers, kids rotate between 3-4 teachers covering
different subjects
or 9-noon and 1-4 for selections by the half day. different classes
and age groups are offered am and pm
Are you going to repeat popular summer themes or do  new subjects or
activities that happen  only at this time of year?
3. same price as summer
4. whole week program
5. Our part time educators  no longer have them None  want to work that week.
6. we still get calls asking for programs

Good questions
If i was going to offer camp i would offer a full week program am and
pm for ages 6-12. I would plan activities for each age range for
day one and then find out what the kids want to do next and fill the
rest of the week in with those activities.
maybe a menu they could choose from of activities you do in summer
I would need 2 teachers, 2 youth staff
enrollment maximum would be 15 of each age range 6-8 and  9-12 and
they could register for half days or full-days for the whole week