Informal Science Education Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:48:11 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.

Hello - I need your expert responses, so I'm posting a specific request and I greatly appreciate any feedback you have time to provide.

I am a teacher educator at Baylor University in Texas.  Recently, I have become very interested in the exploration of the promotion of mathematical thinking in informal learning environments. I would like to offer this invitation for you to provide some initial perspectives to determine the potential for promoting mathematical thinking in informal learning environments, specifically for young learners.  I'm writing to request that you take just 15-20 minutes to complete an online survey at...

http://www1.baylor.edu/surveys/Math_Survey/museum_math.htm

At this time, I am attempting to gather information to develop an initial understanding of the nature of mathematical thinking in informal learning environments and plan to analyze this information to establish the ground work for a more extensive study in this area.  Through this long term project work, a new vision for mathematical thinking in museums could be developed and the information learned may lead to the establishment of extended learning opportunities for young learners in these settings. 

The data collected from this survey will be organized as group responses for each question and in the event any individual identification is included, it will be promptly removed for anonymity.  If you have any questions or additional ideas, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance for your contribution -- Sandi Cooper

For information about the Association of Science-Technology Centers and the Informal Science Education Network please visit www.astc.org.

Check out the latest case studies and reviews on ExhibitFiles at www.exhibitfiles.org.

The ISEN-ASTC-L email list is powered by LISTSERVR software from L-Soft. To learn more, visit
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html.

To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2