ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Liz Rosino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 23:15:18 +0000

I think that sounds like a great idea.

I am very involved in the indie/diy craft scene, founding a fair in Columbus, OH in 2005 which is still a big annual event and I also participate in others around the country.  I am now in Portland, OR working at a science museum and I think the two worlds (craft & tech) are much closer than those involved might think.

I certainly see the benefits of bringing together all kinds of makers (crafty, techie, etc) into the fold at these type of big events, such as Maker Faire. Keep me in the loop as I would be interested in participating in a session or a discussion.

Thanks!

Liz Rosino

Research and Evaluation Associate

Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)

http://www.omsi.edu/evaluation

1945 SE Water Ave(Portland, OR 97214

tel: 503-863-5614       [log in to unmask]