ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:30:56 -0500

	We have developed a series of experiments
for our exhibition Marvelous Molecules which are
available on our website. Go to
tp://www.nyhallsci.org/biochem/home_experiments-educators.html
for link to the experiments and a guide for
setting them up.

Off-line I will send you another activity that is
not part of this set.  These were developed for
family groups with children as young as 6 years
old who would be helped by an adult. Our
experience is that most children can follow the
pictographic guides we developed for each
activity.  They require little or no special
equipment and no potentially toxic or irritating
materials (everything necessary can be obtained
off the shelf from a grocery or pharmacy, at
least here in New York) and the activities  do
not require  special guides. We have an Explainer
present but only as a facilitator; not an
instructor.

Let me know if you need any help with these activities.

Cheers,

Martin

Martin Weiss, Ph.D
Vice President, Science