ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Rachel Hellenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2013 22:23:00 -0600

Yes...it's all coming back to me. About six stations overseen by staff,
where you logged in before going up in the elevators? And a music editing
station plus a video capture and video editing station where you could
videotape yourself and then edit the video. That was a forerunner to the
Digital Studio we designed at The Tech, with similar concepts of video
editing, music editing, image editing, etc. on a network. But back when
bandwidth was such an issue that a print-out was the only souvenir. Thanks
so much for piping up! I will check in with you offline with some
questions.

I've been noodling the idea of an exhibit/program wiki that would be te
next generation of ExhibitFiles, and allow people to submit stub articles
for others to flesh out, as well as to log which exhibits were influential
to the next generation of exhibits. Some exhibits were really seminal to
the field, such as the Sony Wonder exhibit for networked media and editing,
and the Engineer It exhibit from OMSI for "loose parts" and design
challenges such as building two boats with materials held together by
magnets and racing them in a channel of water. It seems like having
pointers from some exhibits to others would be a bit like tracking down
"most cited papers" in academia. Wondering if anyone else would add to such
a database?