ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Streicher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2013 09:08:37 +0200

Thanks, here in Austria, we skipped the idea (and costs) of a permanent
building, but rely on "science center activities" wherever they might take
place. With the network approach, we can be broader and more flexible in
content and reach. Currently, 140 partners from science communication,
research, education, economy, design etc. join forces to advance the science
center idea.

If you interested in hearing more about this strategy, join the Summit on
Informal Science Education Networks at the ASTC conference.

Barbara

Barbara Streicher

Executive Manager

Association ScienceCenter-Netzwerk

Landstrasser Hauptstrasse 71/1/309

A-1030 Vienna, AUSTRIA

T: +43-1-7101981

M: +43-664-2380230

www.science-center-net.at <http://www.science-center-net.at/>

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 10:29:AM, Eli Kuslansky <
<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Date:    Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:29:32 -0400

>From:    Eli Kuslansky < <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

>Subject: Re: New science centre feasibility and sustainability

>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers

>Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related
institutions.

**

>The Austria concept is interesting. Sounds a bit like the work David

>Chesebrough is doing at COSI with his Center of Science - interesting

>inversion of the model based on real research, interpretation of university

>research, and all done in partnerships with a local university and firms.

*