ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeff Courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 09:04:53 -0500

Back in the 1990's we commissioned a 5000 sq. ft. medical gallery.
Post opening surveys showed that we had greatly underestimated the
basic knowledge our audience had (families).  You may have already
surveyed your audience, but doing so informally, as you formulate the
plan, is very important.

Having said that, any kind of activiity that allows the visitors to
do some sort of self assessment, eg. reaction time, seem always to be
at the top of the list as far as favorites.....Forgive me if I'm
stating the obvious......