ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Fisher, Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:09:29 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Fisher, Martin
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2004 8:07 AM
To: 'Becky Matthews'
Subject: RE: transportation for out-of-school programs

We have an after-school club with two different districts in the region. One district's club is with one school, while the other district's club is with two schools. We coordinated the programs with the districts beforehand. Part of the expectations were that we required the district to schedule, coordinate AND provide transportation to our center, any field trips and special activities. This includes after-school and Saturday activities. They use the school bus system, not a private company. While it has certainly been challenging for the museum's lead to communicate with the teachers, schools, parents and bus authority to ensure that everything will run smoothly, it is a small price to pay for us not being the ones to pick-up and drop-off the kids.

Martin S. Fisher
Director of Education
Nauticus, the National Maritime Center
One Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA  23510
36°50'51"N   76°17'53"W   13 ft.
phone: (757) 664-1003, (800) 664-1080 ext. 41003
fax: (757) 623-1287    cell (757) 617-7080
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>        www.nauticus.org <http://www.nauticus.org>