ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Emily Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:51:55 -0700

An upcoming issue of Dimensions, ASTC's magazine for the science center and museum field, will highlight innovation. We are looking for contributors to write short pieces as part of a composite article about how science centers and museums are engaging visitors in hands-on innovation-whether through tinkering spaces, interactive exhibits, labs, or public programs that encourage open exploration and creativity. We want to hear from science centers and museums of all sizes from around the world.

Here are some of the key priority areas we're looking for:

*         Ways to get visitors creating and tinkering on a low budget

*         Use of technologies like Arduino micro controllers and virtual environments

*         Anything new and different that engages visitors in innovation.

Send a 100- to 150-word piece about your project-along with a few high-resolution photos (JPEG or TIFF files, 300 dpi, at least 3 inches (8 cm) across)-to Emily Schuster at [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, June 13. We'll try to use as many of these pieces as we can, either in the print version of Dimensions or in extended content on our website (www.astc.org).