ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:46:11 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2008 9:43:17 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hello,

I am writing to request information on how to advertise  for science
competitions.  The company I work for, KRATOS Defense  & Security Solutions
is putting together a science fair competition to  be held nationally for
junior
high students.  There will be  scholarships awards for the winners.  This
competition will focus on  mainly engineering and IT projects; the
particulars of
the project are  still in the works.

I need some assistance with advertising  ideas.  What is the best way to get
the competition information to  the high schools across the U.S.?  This is a
new area for me and I  would greatly appreciate any ideas or direction you
could offer.

Thank you for your assistance,

Margie M. Sexton

KRATOS  Defense

Madison Research

You might send it out through local science centers - partner with them if
you will.  It could be a win /win for everybody that way.  I know that  we at
the Orpheum Children's Science Museum in Champaign might be interested -  we
are always trying to get more middle school students involved at our  museum.

Janine Prillaman]
Board Member
Orpheum Children's Science Museum
Champaign, IL