ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lynn Baum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Oct 2011 05:40:44 -0400

Charlie,
I think one area of our exhibit development that has benefited
tremendously from evaluation is Universal Design.
Bringing in constituents from a variety of communities, blindness,
learning  disabled, etc. we can learn a tremendous amount about what
will work and what will not.  Ultimately, in  the end, all visitors gain
from what we learn with exhibits that can be heard, touched or just more
easily accessed.  Without prototyping we would not have gained access to
that information and in the process we create valuable links with the
very communities we want to bring in.
Lynn Baum
Senior Content Developer
Jan Crocker Museum Associates