ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Christy Hostetler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:04:15 -0800

This is a timely question for us as we are looking at whether we should be
on a cash or accrual system. Another question that was brought to our
attention is that we should be classifying the exhibits we build as assets
and that these should be amortized. However, coming up with the value and
depreciation of these "non-traditional" assets seems daunting as well as
unrealistic. Have any other institutions (particularly small ones such as
ours) wrestled with this question as well? I look forward to reading

Christy

Christy Wallace Hostetler
Executive Director
ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum