ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Andrea Motto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 2009 20:33:40 -0500

A few of us have been working to start up a network of people interesting in
just this topic (not specifically for volunteers, but for interpreters,
explainers, facilitators in general.) I think we could all collaborate to
develop best practices for everyone who does this kind of work- and within
that conversation address some of the differences between paid and
volunteer. We started with a pre-conference session called NetLIFE, which
grew out of the Pilots project in Europe, and hope to continue it next year.

So unless there is a group out there already doing this (no sense in
re-building the wheel) we can include all of you in the NetLIFE Ning that is
being developed, and give everyone an opportunity to share best practices
and challenges of training both paid and volunteer staff.

Happy Turkey Day!
------

Andrea Motto
Doctoral Student