ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Nancy Ali <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 09:01:22 -1000

The Bishop Museum has an annual teacher open house, the purpose of which is to let teachers know about our diverse programs.  We have stations around the museum, each station highlighting one type of program (i.e. outreach, sleepovers, storytelling, etc.).  Teachers pick up "Bishop Bucks" at each station which they use as money for an auction at the end of the evening.  Most teachers pool their bucks together and it can get very competitive!  Auction items include free or half-price class admission, baskets filled with goodies, etc.  We also have food, which does go very quickly.  There's nothing worse than a hungry teacher!

Nancy Alima Ali
Science Educator
Bishop Museum
1525 Bernice Street