ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Daniels, Alissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 16:34:52 -0400

	We actually tried a price discount for groups who came early in the year. And it didn't seem to make much of a difference(except for our Wampanoag (New England Native tribe) program, because teachers want to do that before Thanksgiving). As I'm sure you know, teachers don't like to come in the fall--they're still getting to know the kids and the kids are still getting into the swing of things.
	We have been known to "re-orient" groups that are out of control (especially summer camps!), but I think this is just one of those problems that comes with the territory.

Maybe we should gather our worst stories and publish them as a free handout for teachers. Or, sell them in bookstores in the "humor" section and use the money to raise our salaries during these "hazardous duty" times.

AD
Alissa Daniels, Science Program Manager
Boston Children's Museum
617-426-6500 x342
www.BostonChildrensMuseum.org
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."   --Isaac Asimov