ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wendy Pollock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:11:08 -0800

ISEN-ASTC-L friends,

Registration is now open for the March 3-5 Informal Science Education Summit 2010 in Washington, DC, organized by the Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education with support from the National Science Foundation.

The broad goal of the ISE Summit is to mobilize, energize, and empower the ISE community—including film and broadcast media, science centers and museums, zoos and aquariums, botanical gardens and nature centers, digital media and gaming, science journalism, and youth, community, and after-school programs. PIs of NSF ISE grants will be there—but the meeting this year is open to all who take an active interest in broad strategic issues that cut across the ISE field. There'll be opportunities to share work, meet new friends and collaborators, learn about funding opportunities, explore emerging issues, and together build a compelling case for the contributions of our field.

Check the CAISE website for registration information (and act soon – registration closes in three weeks)  www.caise.insci.org/ise-summit.  Thanks to NSF, the registration fee is very modest. We’ll be meeting at the Hilton hotel north of Dupont Circle, close to lots of good restaurants. We're expecting between 300 and 400 people.

I know some members of the list are already planning to come and hope more will join us.

Wendy
Wendy Pollock
Center for Advancement of Informal Science Education
1025 Vermont Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20005
exhibitfiles.org | connect.astc.org | insci.org