ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Craig Blower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2009 11:08:50 -0700

We provide 8 IMAX vouchers to members who join our museum. Many of these
are families who join "on-the-fly" down at the ticket counter after they
have done the math. My question is this: do any of you that offer
vouchers limit the number of vouchers they can use on their initial
visit? We know that a certain percentage of our memberships are only
sold because they can actually get a better deal on their very first
visit if they use their vouchers as opposed to paying our regular
admission prices. I know many people recommend that you use at least 2-3
visits as a rule whereby their membership proves a better deal. By
allowing as many vouchers as they want on their first visit, we know
that some are only joining to get a better deal, and in some cases these
are tourists who will obviously not be returning any time soon.
Comments/input?

Thanks.

Craig Blower

Chief Operating Officer