ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Sittenfeld <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2013 14:09:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm posting this for my colleague Frazier Benya at the National Academies.
 I've seen videos from a similar contest that the NAE held last year and
they were fantastic.  I'm guessing that many of you are creating these
kinds of interesting media and working with others who are doing so.

In celebration of its upcoming 50th anniversary, the National Academy of
Engineering is launching the Engineering for You (E4U) Video Contest to
show how engineering creations serve the welfare of humanity and the needs
of society. We are offering a $25,000 prize to the most inspiring 1-2
minute video focused anywhere between 1964 and 2064. The contest will run
from Nov. 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014. Learn more at
www.e4uvideocontest.org.

You are invited to join us in highlighting engineering achievements past,
present, and future as well as make others aware of how the engineering
endeavor has benefited humankind. The resulting video could easily end up
being useful to your own institution for working with the public and
presenting the goals of your institution.

We hope that you will participate in the contest and also encourage those
in your work and home communities to participate! And if you can, please
share the contest on your website.

If you have any questions about the video contest, please email

Thanks!

- David...

David Sittenfeld
Program Manager, Forum