ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:42:52 EDT

For visiting Manhattan, there are still some relatively inexpensive hotels
that are OK.  Near AMNH, there is the Riverside Towers
(_http://www.riversidetowerhotel.com/_ (http://www.riversidetowerhotel.com/) ).   Very basic, like a
dorm room with a TV, phone, and your own  bathroom/shower.  Lowest rate is
$114, which is not available May 10-14,  but there next step up is available
($149).  Within easy walking distance  of AMNH and near to the subway for other
sites.  Very clean, often used by  international travelers.  I've stayed there
several times; no bugs, safe  and relatively quiet neighborhood but there are
still some restaurants etc open  relatively late in the neighborhood.

I would encourage you to stay in the city, I think it was be horrible to
stay at the Newark Airport.  Then you'd miss all of the other fun things to  do
in Manhattan at night.

Bob

Robert L.  Russell, Ph.D.
Science Advisor, Self-Reliance Foundation
Project Director,  Celebra la Ciencia & ConCiencia/Hispanic Science Newswire
(202) 360-4117  (office) (202) 997-5539 (cell)

_www.celebralaciencia.org_ (http://www.celebralaciencia.org/)
_www.selfreliancefoundation.org_ (http://www.selfreliancefoundation.org/)

1126  16th St. NW, Suite 350
Washington, DC 20036

In a message dated 3/22/2008 3:01:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,