ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
jeff courtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:16:27 -0600

Joan brings up an interesting questions about how we can engage tweens and
teens tweens and teens during heavy school tour times, like spring.

With so much madness going on, what can we do to make it a better
experience?  If kids are running up and down stairs chatting with their
friends, is that our fault?  Is it the school's fault.  Or is it just a
no-win situation.

My guess - and its only a guess - would be that lab activities and science
shows should be at the top of the list.  If what we offer doesn't allow,
doesn't encourage, social interaction, its going to be a lost cause.

Jeff Courtman
Exhibits & Special Projects Coordinator
251.208.6851
Exploreum Science Center