ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Maria Mortati <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:16:31 -0800

Hi Tal,

That sounds like such a cool event! I'm not sure how trustworthy your teens
are with mirrors and sunlight (vs. ours) but I love the idea of connecting
the music amplification to power capture. I also think it will be a
wonderful 'power
of cooperation' experience. I'd definitely start testing it out in varying
scales... not sure if you can reach the db level you need- but I'm not an EE
guru. I think the idea of using cigarette smoke as an exhibit vehicle
is funny in a delightfully twisted sort of way.

Not to be a complete self-promotions nerd, but along these lines I wrote a
blog
posting yesterday about a local magazine I found in my travels that (I
thought) did a great job of handling sustainability. I thought it could make
for a fine model or approach to developing an exhibit (not an event, btw).
This is due to what they covered and how they covered it. They used local
stories to get at global issues, personal perspectives, fostered a sense of
ownership, and a fine use of design.

Anyway, best wishes on your event- and please post pictures and follow-up!!

Maria Mortati
Exhibit Developer
Gyroscope Inc.

--