ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Madlyn Runburg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:25:26 -0700

We have several.  One is Informal Science Education Enhancement (iSEE); a
partnership between our community's natural history museum, planetarium,
science center, arboretum, children's museum and aquarium.  These groups
share annual funding that allows the collective to serve every elementary
school and many of our middle and high schools within the state with at
least one of our outreach programs every year.  These public schools are
also granted free admission to our museums' facilities for field trips.
Through this partnership, we also provide teachers around our state with
ongoing professional development across a variety of content and process
areas.  I email you a handout that provides a brief summary of our work.

In addition to this partnership, we, the Natural History Museum of Utah,
also have long standing partnerships with institutions on more of a project
basis (programmatic, event or exhibit based).

Madlyn Runburg
Director of School Programs
Natural History Museum of Utah
801.671.7713