ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"(Jeannie Colton)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2012 21:14:59 +0000

Arizona Science Center has an amateur radio station, Harkins Ham Shack. It is run completely by volunteer operators. When guests visit the station, they learn Morse Code and the importance of amateur radio, and have the opportunity to connect with other operators from around the world. The operators also provide teachers with resources to take back to the classroom to continue discussions about why amateur radio is still a very important means of communication. I no longer work in the galleries but if you are interested, I can connect you with the manager in charge of the gallery where our station is.

Jeannie Colton
Senior Manager of Outreach
Arizona Science Center
Phone: 602-716-2000 ext. 253 | Fax: 602-716-2088