ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Vinski, Jerome" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2007 10:24:38 -0400

Chromatics News

UPCOMING PERFORMANCE:

Sunday May 6 @ 7pm:

   Jammin' Java

   227 Maple Ave E

   Vienna, VA

   ($10)

A triple play of a cappella music! Join us, with Euphonism and Skyline
for a 3-some night of a cappella joy! Euphonism is straight off their
2nd-runner-up-ness at the Atlantic Region Harmony Sweeps, and Skyline is
a group to behold! Groups will perform sets starting at 7pm. $10 to
enter.

All ages (but those under 21 will not be able to drink!). We'll be
performing a bunch of originals, especially songs from the upcoming CD.

Stop by to hear them!

*****  For more details on all our concerts, see  *****

*****   http://www.thechromatics.com/gigs.shtml   *****

RECENT ACTIVITIES:

Last month we teased you with mention of a new (free!) mission song from
AstroCappella. We'll - it's here! The Chromatics are delighted to have
been asked by the NASA AIM project to write a theme song for their
satellite mission to study unique polar clouds on the edge of space that
may result from climate change. AIM was launched successfully on April
25th, and today we are very proud to unveil our latest science tune:
"Noctilucent Cloud". Go to www.astrocappella.com and follow the "New
Song" link to hear it!

Cheers,

Karen

for the Chromatics

www.thechromatics.com

www.astrocappella.com

The Chromatics is a group out of NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in MD.
I've heard them twice at planetarium events.  They are very educational
and entertaining.

Jerry Vinski, Director

NJACE and Planetarium Dept.

Raritan Valley Com. Coll.

PO Box 3300

Somerville, NJ 08876

(ship)

Rt 28 and Lamington Rd.

North Branch, NJ 08876

Ph 908-231-8805

Fax 908-526-7938

www.raritanval.edu/planetarium

The New Jersey Astronomy Center for Education (NJACE) includes - the
Teaching Institute, and a 100-seat Planetarium