ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Max Scharfenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:20:39 -0700

I have been following this string for a couple of days now and am fascinated
by discussion.  As an observer from Canada it is interesting to see.  The
Canadian Space Agency operates on a fraction of the budget that NASA does
but it too has grad ideas of sending a person to Mars.  We know we can not
do it alone and what it really shows is that this mission will have to be
one of all nations on Earth.  We know that it will be expensive and will
have to be accomplished with technology not yet invented. Just like heavier
than air flight was thought to be impossible, and the need for more than 64k
in a computer was not necessary we dream and continue to expand our
horizons. If we resolve that Mars is the place where we want to go then we
will get there.  All I can say is good luck and I hope to live long enough
to see a human visit Mars.

Max Scharfenberger
VP Programs
Odyssium