ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Alan Gould <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:44:17 -0800

With the launch of the NASA Kepler mission less than 3 months away
(2009 Mar 5), I thought now is a good time to alert science
centers/museums about the availability of a major exhibit about
exoplanets, including components specifically about the Kepler
mission.  It's Alien Earths (3100 sq ft; $40K for ASTC members),
produced by Space Science Institute and a consortium of NASA
missions, including Kepler.

The itinerary at http://www.astc.org/exhibitions/alien/ialien.htm
indicates that the exhibit is booked through June 2009 and available
thereafter.
Full description may be found at
http://www.astc.org/exhibitions/alien/dalien.htm
http://www.astc.org/exhibitions/alien/walien.htm
and http://www.alienearths.org/

If you are interested in purchasing something smaller--a single table
exhibit modeling how Kepler will be finding planets by the transit
method--contact me and I can connect you with the maker of that
exhibit.  Cost for that component of Alien Earths (purchase to keep)
is about $25K.

---Alan Gould
Co-I for NASA Kepler Mission, Education & Public Outreach --
http://kepler.nasa.gov
voice: 510-643-5082
University of California
Lawrence Hall of Science #5200