ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:12:02 -0400

William

As I recall reading  Premier Exhibitions Incorporated, which staged the exhibition Bodies Revealed claimed the cadavers were donated for research by the Chinese government, because all the bodies at the time of death allegedly had no close next of kin or immediate families to claim the bodies after newspaper advertisements.

This raised many questions and concerns about the provenance of the bodies in Premier's exhibition.  A google search will reveal many, many citations about questions, investigations and concerns. Of course, sources like anything on the Web have to be considered.

I recall a session at an ASTC many years ago about bodies-type exhibitions and there were question raised then by a, I think, a health official from Florida (Premier's exhibition, I think was at MOSI) about provenance issues.

Martin