ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Glenn A. Walsh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 12:23:29 -0800

Pittsburgh's original Buhl Planetarium and Institute
of Popular Science included an exhibit, that was
particularly popular with young children, during most
of the 1980s. I created the "BioCorner" Embryology
Exhibit in 1983, which included the incubation and
hatching of chicks [and occasionally ducklings]. The
chicks and ducklings were kept in an area, for a
couple weeks [before being donated to a local
egg-laying farm], where children could pet, feed, and
hold the young birds.

Shortly after the creation of this exhibit, it quickly
became one of the most popular exhibits in the
building. You can read more about the history of this
exhibit at the following link:

<
http://buhlplanetarium4.tripod.com/biocorner/historybiocorner.html

gaw