ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wendy Pollock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 15:57:45 -0800

There's a notice about Peter Anderson's death and a place to leave remembrances here:
 http://www.legacy.com/can/obituaries.asp?Page=Notice&PersonID=146395759

The current issue of ASTC Dimensions also includes a story about Peter.

I first met Peter while he was working on the book Before the Blueprint, which provided guidance on practical issues in science center planning during a period of peak growth. Maybe less well known was his work on a project called the Museum Impact and Evaluation Study (MIES, for those who recall the reports), which was concerned with emotional connections people develop with museums, particularly those "iconic" exhibits that stick in our minds for years. MSI's coal mine, the Franklin's walk-through heart - and the Buhl's winter train layout, if I'm remembering correctly.

Peter touched many lives, and many institutions, in our field during a period of exuberant growth. He will be missed.

Wendy